Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

These people in my Complex are HORRIBLE!!! They are soo mean to their children!!!! The ADULTS are all NUTS!!! I havent seen them actually hit their kids but i have seen them pull their little arms really HARD!!! and pull their hair....and the Verbal ABUSE makes me want to VOMIT!!! given these details ...would you turn them into CPS...maybe i can explain what i have heard and seen lately...and maybe CPS can warn the parents to get anger management or something ...what do you all think about this?



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

Yea I think you should just call them too. From the sounds of it, the children aren't in a very good situation and that's not good! I wish that all parents would take care of their kids in a loving mannor but unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way! I'm glad their are people like you out their that actually pay attention to situations like this. Most people would say it's not their business but witnessing behavior like this very quickly becomes your business. Saving a child from abuse will be worth the call!



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

why dont you mind your own business!!!! i feel sorry your kids and hope cps will monitor your parenting. Report It



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

call them, what will it hurt. you may just save this child from more abuse.



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

ya you should call. If they are like that in front of people,. then imagine what they do behind closed doors. Poor kids!!



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

I say yes because that means that they know somebody is able to hear or see thier dirty laundry. Maybe it will calm down or maybe CPS will be able to do something. No harm or foul by making the phone call.



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

I would say if you feel the need to call then CALL.. CPS will not just come in and take away children all the time they do try and help parents to learn a better way to handle there children. Always better to call and be wrong than to do nothing to try and help a child in need



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

You should call, but make sure you know exactly what apartment they are in. Also, if you know their names, it'll help.



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

I bet it hard to stand by and watch kids get treated that way. If you really feel that these kids welfare is in danger then there is no harm in calling CPS. Just go with your gut.



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

Please do before something bad happens to the inoccent children.



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

YES! It's much better to be safe than sorry, and you could save these poor children from farther harm!



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

all u need is supsion to call so make that call and have them check and make sure there are in a safe home. Do u know how many kids die from child abuse..3 it may not sound like a lot but think of it..



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

If you suspect them of being alcoholics or druggies go ahead. If not, if yo ulike children, why don't you ask to watch the kids for a while so the parents can calm down. Adding CPS to the issue could make things worse. You never know, if CPS took those kids, they could be put with someone worse. Maybe you can suggest talking with the mom and giving her so pointers on how to calming handle the children without them getting physical. Just be nice about it. Start by bring a cake or cupcakes over. Try to just chat with them. Bring CPS in can cause angry neighbors and the kids could get hurt worse. Just try to help them out. If the parents don't want to talk or keep up the abuse, than call. At last resort, ask the kids to come to your house and call the police. Tell them you are protecting the children from their abusive parents, make sure you tell them that you are a very close neighbor. So you don't get into trouble.



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

I believe you should because that can like you mention offer suggestions for helping the parents. However, I have not seen nor heard what you have so put yourself in the children's shoes and do what you think they want or need.



I glad you are not just turning the other way pretending not to see :)



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

If you see them physically abusing the kids, why stop at the CPS? Call the cops and follow up with a call to CPS to be sure. Please stand up for those who cant stand up for themselves, you will be glad that you did.



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

I would probably make an anonymous call.



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

I would just to be on the safe side,you never know what goes on behind closed doors and who knows the kids may thank you one day for saving their life or family from distruction.



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

I believe you should make the call. CPS will investigate them, and make a decision based on the criteria. Whether anger management, parenting courses, or having the children taken from the home, know you are doing the right thing by trying to save a child from a horrible home.....



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

Call them. Usually you can remain anonymous. If something horrible ends up happening to those kids, you would feel horrible, wouldn't you?



If it is all just a mistake, then no harm will be done, right?



If you think the guy is a child molester and you know his name, you can check your state's sex offender registry to see if he is registered. Most convicted child molesters are not allowed to live with or near children, so if this guy is, then you have an obligation to report it.



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

I would suggest calling, but, be absolutely positive that what you're seeing is "abuse". I have called on a neighbor before and CPS didn't see fit to take the children away. The parents thought one of the kids had called on them and it made it much much worse for the children. It doesn't always work out the way you want I guess. If you do want to call I wouldn't do it anonymously that way the parents know exactly where it's coming from. Also, just because you can hear the children through the walls or doors doesn't really mean anything. When my daughter throws one of her fits I'm sure she could wake the dead.



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

ya, tell them ur concerns so they can check it out....



they won't sue u for it



and u will be helping the little kids too



*think of the kids!*



Thinking About Calling CPS...should I? Please HELP!!?

Call them only if you really and truly feel that you are witnessing abuse and neglect. If you are seeing a decent parent just punsihing an unruly child, stay out if it. But if your gut is telling you abuse, call them up and describe to them what you have decribed to us. I want you to be sure, because as a parent who has dealt with cps, it is no fun to have someone call cps on you because they heard your kids crying and assumed the kids were being abused, or they saw an unruly child being punished and called cps. Then to have these folks come prying around and snooping. Even if nothing comes of it, the parents will have a record with cps forever, a record saying they had been investigated by cps, and that is almost as bad as having one that says your kids were took at one time by them.



If cps thought enough about it to come out and investigate, then that draws red flags the next time the kids get hurt and have to go to the emergency room and anything else, their will always be that little stigma there. So be careful and proceed with caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment