Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

My husband and I have been married seven years and he sleeps on the couch 5 nights out of seven. The marriage ain't bad but intamacy is a bit of an issue I am an attractive woman no overwieght issues actually pretty fit, so that is not the issue. i don't understand why he won't sleep with me. He falls asleep in the recliner. He also is very rude with me and short with me alot of the time treats me like I am stupid sometimes and he acts like I am a bad mother, while he is the one who does absolutely nothing for the kids but get on them if I have been yelling at them to clean their room for at least 10 minutes then every now and then he'll step and be the help mate I so desire. We own our own home business so we are both at home parents but he does not realy want to help with any home chores i.e putting away laundry, vacuuming, dishes bathing the kids, or cooking, just about anything. I often feel frustrated and angry, and like pulling my hair out. Alot of times he just sits there.



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

Since the two of you are working then it is only fair that the two of you also equally contribute to housework and raising the children. What you are asking and expecting is fair.



You said above that the marriage isn't bad, just the intimacy but from what I read I can't see why it wouldn't be labeled as "bad" or "troubled". Clearly there are some issues going on that aren't being voiced and therefore are being left un-resolved. The two of you need some alone time to sit down and respectfully express what it is that you are feeling.....concerning yourselves and the marriage. Also, if you feel it's necessary, seek marriage counseling to help the two of you sort out issues that are clearly present.



Is it also possible that you and your husband are around each other so much to the point that neither one of you feels like you have your own "space"? Do either of you go out and pursue reasonable yet personal interest without the other? Sometimes people can't be glued to the hip with another without going somewhat insane or irritable.



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

Its probaly cause you guys are around each other so much.Also,did you ever think maybe just maybe he might find something wrong with himself??I would talk to him and tell him you feel.Cause bottling in is going to get you no where but more upset.



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

You work together all day and live in the same house... hes probably tired of being with you all the time like that and wants his space. sometimes a relationship needs SPACE. maybe one of you should get a job outside the home. It could be that, or he found someone else. You should ask him what his deal is. I know if i lived and worked with someone and saw their face all day every day i'd be a little irritated too.



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

confront him... im not married... but that is what i would do...



he can't get away with that...



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

My first husband was this way.....I told him that if he slept on the couch one more night that I was locking the door and it will never be unlocked again when it was time to go to bed......He never slept on the couch again.



He knew that I was serious......That may not have been the right attitude to have but I was over it. I took the risk in finding out how awesome that couch was to him.....



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

I think you have totally emasculated him. Look at what you wrote about what you want him to do. Are there any masculine things in there? How do you expect him to take the manly role in the relationship when you have gutted it? I am angry at you for what you have done to this poor guy. Now having said that he should be a part of the family, but as the leader not the helpmate.



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

It sounds like he has some issues and maybe he needs a wakeup call. My friends husnband did this and was seeking other female attention. I would say it's time to start snooping and see if he has contact via computer/ cel phone with someone else. When a spouse starts sleeping alone that's trouble.



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

do you think he has a financal or sexual problem ? or do you think he is in middle age syndrome ? or do you think there might be a 2nd woman ? well, i m a very pessimist person and the first thing came to my mind was "someone else" honestly :( i hope i m worrying in vain. i think the best is to ask him why he prefers to sleep at somewhere else. hope everythign wil be better soon. best wishes.



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

Sounds so familiar. Ask him why. My husband sleeps a lot on the couch too and I don't mind about it. We both need space for ourselves at times and he enjoys watching tv and will fall asleep there. You're not alone. My husband doesn't like house chores too. He prefers man...chores like washing the car, carry heavy groceries and etc. I do feel jealous when I see him just sit there when I run around doing the house chores. Well, he has his share of work which is not so frequent. Unfair eh?



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

He sounds like a lazy bum to me. If he's sleeping on the recliner 5 out of 7 days, there's definitely something wrong, or missing, in your marriage. I suggest trying to talk to him first. If that doesn't work, then marriage counseling is something you should consider. If that doesn't work, or he just won't go, then maybe you should seriously consider a legal separation. Either way, something's gotta give. You can't live the rest of your life like this. It sets a bad example for your kids, and it'll make your life miserable. Be smart, be responsible, and take action NOW.



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

I think you may have hit the nail on the head without knowing it? You mentioned intimacy is the issue, but then went on to describe your own physical attributes. Are you certain you're emotionally in tune with each other to reach the level of physical intimacy you once enjoyed? Re-connect with him on an emotional level before moving again towards the physical level. I think you might find that you can become reacquainted with each other, and have things go well for another 7 years or longer! Communication is key. discuss openly with him the concerns you have, and listen to his as well. Allow each person to speak uninterrupted, and then address each others concerns with your reply. Good luck to you both!



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

Stop doing everything. If a man considers his home his castle, then he needs to learn to clean it too.



My husband sleeps on the couch alot, confused?

You failed to mention your ages so I cannot assume he is at an age where prostate problems come into the scene. If he does have problems he may be too embarassed to let you know, this will stop his arousal peeks and causes problems in the bathroom as well.



To a man prostate problems can be as bad as loosing all your teeth at once., This is the part of life when they are no longer the virile stud they always thought themselves to be. They just loose the sx drive.



Or he may be getting into a depressed state that can lead to being at home and around the same people too much which sound like it here. If you are not getting out together much or see other people, this can become quite a problem.



PS. take it from me, pleasing your man is probably a great concern to you, you pride yourself on making him happy as well as running the house like a ship. Problem is that they tend to loose respect for the woman who can do anything and replace it with taking advantage. He is in a bad way, start putting your foot down on things you don't believe in, stop gophering for him, make him do his own thing. And if he can't help you then let him do his own laundry, cook his food and put gas in the car. He needs exercise anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment