Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I need help with my essay? Edgar Allen Poe?

I really need help with my essay, it's kind of long. Can you please tell me what you think the them of it is? I was trying to write similar to Edgar Allen Poe once you read it youll know, thanks!



September 16, 2004, what a terrible day it was; the day I lost my sanity. On September 16, unlike any other day, I woke up feeling happy; a strange happiness I鈥檝e never felt before, I thought it was a sign that my life was finally going to turn around, perhaps a sign that everything was going to change. After suffering through the divorce, loosing my kids, and my job; maybe the interview I had for a teaching position in Addison Trail would living things up; however, I was dead wrong. I arrived at the school full of hope, knowing that this was my last chance, I tried to cheer myself up. As I arrived, I glanced around observed my surroundings in order to see what I was getting myself into. I was disgusted by the sight, I saw tampons all over, soiled underwear, and other unthinkables. However, I continued on trying to see the lighter side of my situation and from out of nowhere, anger started coursing throughout my body, like a venomous poison, it was sickening and I knew it was a sign, a few moments later I fainted. I woke up 15 minutes later and rushed into the school realizing that I was late for my interview. I rushed to the deans office of the school, but the principle said he wouldn鈥檛 accept me, it was too late. I quickly tried to explain my situation, but he couldn鈥檛 understand. I just stood there for a couple of seconds in silence. That鈥檚 when I blacked out, something snapped. Without realizing, I punched him in the mouth, and kicked him in the stomach. You should鈥檝e seen the joy I felt. You should鈥檝e heard the way he sounded as blood gushed out of his mouth, the way he moaned from the excruciating pain, it was priceless. However, I quickly left the scene yelling obscenities and screeching at the top of my voice. I thought to myself, why should I be the only unhappy one? They deserve to be unhappy and I decided to spread my misery for everyone else. I ran throughout the school, and started injuring those around me. Like the spadix of a flower, it was apparent I had gone mad and I loved it. My first victems were to girls who were blabbering about their frizzy hair, what a stupid topic to talk about, I thought to myself. Without thinking, I grabbed them by the hair and yelled, 鈥淔rizzy hair, what a ridiculous subject....鈥?Next thing I knew, I took hold of their hair and threw them against a wall. It was one of the best moment of my life, how I laughed as their scalp bled and as they screamed to their God. I yelled to them, 鈥淭here is no God, you have me to deal with, where鈥檚 your God now!鈥?Quickly I left the scene and looked for my next victim. Next, I approached a freaky pupil listening to music and I punched him and kicked him down and I yelled 鈥淲hy are you looking at me, go to hell, I don鈥檛 need all of you, you鈥檙e all dim-witted morons, your as mawkish as your school, all of you are pathetic,鈥?I yelled to the witnesses and sought refuge among the school. I hated everyone, included these students who had nothing to me, I just hated them. Quickly, I armed myself with anything I could find, staples, scissors, you name it. I was determined to seek my revenge against an unforgiving society and I planned on doing it. I quickly ran throughout the school. My next crime was pushing a fat kid down the stairs, how I laughed at the way he flabbed his arms as he tumbled down the stairs, the way blood gushed out of his wound similar to how water gushes out of a geyser, it was a spectacular sight! People yelled at me, but did nothing to stop me. 鈥淧ass the clam rod, sir,鈥?yelled a girl in Polish, or at least I thought she was saying that, but I didn鈥檛 care, I approached her and smacked her in the face and stabbed her with a pencil. I threw everything I could find to these people I didn鈥檛 even know, from desks to maple leaf decorations, I didn鈥檛 care what I threw as long as they hurt them. Suddenly, in my moment of craze I remember a quote from my father and what he used to say to me, 鈥淔orfeit the game before somebody else takes you out of the frame, puts your name to shame, covers up to your face, you can鈥檛 run the race, the pace is too fast, it just won鈥檛 last.鈥?I snapped out of my craze for an instance and jumped out a window, finally I would experience my end. THE END



Sincerely,



J.P. Barrimore ~ writing from Hell



I need help with my essay? Edgar Allen Poe?

You hit the nail on the Head, sounds just like something EAP would write. Wild , weird, demented....I give you an A+++++



I need help with my essay? Edgar Allen Poe?

What kind of help do you want? Do you want feedback on the content or help proofreading it (there are a lot of spelling errors).



I need help with my essay? Edgar Allen Poe?

I thought it was very well-written. I just read the Tell Tale Heart recentley and I thought the writing style was very similar to it.



I just hope you're not planning to do/already did it!



But you should get put some paragraph spacing in there. Minor spelling errors.



But you might want to make sure it doesn't offend anyone (pushed a fat kid down the stairs, there is no God, etc.)



Other than that, it rocks. :D



I need help with my essay? Edgar Allen Poe?

I think it is bery much like Poe's writing with a modern twist. There are some spelling errors, but those are fixable. Overall it is a very good piece of writing.



I need help with my essay? Edgar Allen Poe?

dude long story but i think its more like Jason or nightmare on elm street Poe was more subtle in his horror it is in the eyes.



I need help with my essay? Edgar Allen Poe?

Is this for school? You write alot about school violence, they make take this the wrong way, and land you in alot of trouble...It was good though....

No comments:

Post a Comment