Sunday, July 26, 2009

People are so rude to my partner when he is alone with my son because of race?

I am black african and I have a son with an african man but that relationship did not work out. My new partner is white and we have a child together (biracial). Sometimes my partner will take my son (i.e. his stepson) and our biological child out together to the park or whatever. So basically it is a white guy (blonde hair blue eyes) walking with an african boy and a biracial toddler. sometimes people will stare and/or ask rude questions like (where did you get those kids from). How do we deal with this situation and what do you think of it.



To add to the mix, he has a white child from a previous relationship who he sees at weekends. when it is the five of us together it is another starefest. it makes the kids feel bad. what should we do?



People are so rude to my partner when he is alone with my son because of race?

If i were you, i would tell them off! People would make fun of me and my family cause we were russian. they'd say all kind a crap that wasn't true, so i always defended myself, wether or not i was being rude. Just shout out "what you lookin at! huh?" or "escuse me we are trying to eat here" or something....but if i saw a family like yours i'd smile....i can't stand it when people do this kind of crap. why can't anyone have any sympathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment