Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Eye color Genetics??? Can someone Help answer!! PLZ!?

OKay can you answer this? [PS. IM Bi-RATiAL;;black-white], My grand mother on my fathers side has green eyes and red hair, My father has Hazel-Green eyes and dark brown hair. My Mom Has Dark-Brown eyes. I have Dark brown eyes, and my Brother has Dark-Brown eyes but a little lighter than mines. Im just wondering if I have kids is it possible that their kids will have green or hazel eyes. [OR IF I POSSIBLY HAVE KIDS W/ ANOTHER BI-RATIAL PERSON (BLACK-WHITE).??



Eye color Genetics??? Can someone Help answer!! PLZ!?

This is a complicated genetics question that you might get better answers to if you posed it under science. I would need to do a genome chart of your whole family or at least all the parents and grandparents complete with hair and eye color to give you an accurate idea of what to expect. A short answer is that if the individuals carrying hair and eye color traits are homozygous dominant and they have a child with an individual with another person with the same homozygous dominant trait, then the child will have that trait.AA+AA= AA



If the parents are what is called heterozygous dominant then the genes can combine to create an offspring with either the dominant trait or the less common recessive trait.Ab+Ab =AA or bb



Eye color Genetics??? Can someone Help answer!! PLZ!?

I'm thinking yes. Since brown eyes are dominant and your father had a gene for green eyes you could have also got that gene (aka you could be heterozygous brown). But your partner would also have to have a gene for green eyes in order to have a green-eyed kid.



Scientists are starting to think that eye colour depends on more than one gene, so it might not be that simple.



Eye color Genetics??? Can someone Help answer!! PLZ!?

Well..My parents and both brothers are brown eyes, dark brown hair. Irish/French/Scots My husband is blue eyes, with blue eyed parents and all siblings blue eyed. My kids are, 1 brown eyes 2 green, 3 blue. (Actually 1 has a blue eye and a brown eye)



My brown eyed daughter is married to a green eyed man and they have 2 green eyed kids



My blue eyed daughter is married to a green eyed man and has 2 blue eyed kids



My oldest blue eyed son married blue eyes and has 2 blue eyed kids



My1 brn/blu eyed son is married to a biracial woman (black father/whte mom) with brown eyes.Their son has bright blue eyes , curly blond hair and beautiful skin.



My 2 green eyed boys 21 and 23 aren't married yet.



So, I say sure you can. I never thought I would have anything but brown eyed kids. And I only have 1 out of 13 kid/grandkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment