Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Having problems with a mom that is in a semi cult like church.?

She is in a church that has a ton of "Thou shalt nots" and I was raised in it but about 2 years ago my husband and I left it. I'm 30 and have 4 kids. I know, it was about time, but today she comes over and my daughter who is 8 tried to tell her that she wanted to donate some of her hair to Locks of Love. This religion that she believes doesn't allow you to cut your hair if you are female. Anyway I've only trimed "very little" my daughters hair before so her hair comes WAY below her bottom. They were outside and my mom take her aside and starts preaching at her. I see them in this secret conversation from the kitchen door and go outside and as soon as I do my daughter runs off to play and I ask my mom what they are talking about. She refuses to tell me after I asked several times. I finally call my daughter over and ask her and tell her she won't get into trouble for whatever she said. She tells me. I make my mom leave. What should I do??? Or should of done?



Having problems with a mom that is in a semi cult like church.?

You did the right thing. Your mom should not have your daughter keep secrets from you, ever. Thats no right . I dont blame you. I think you should talk with your mother and let her know how you feel. Your mom needs to respect your beliefs and not try to involve your kids in hers. Good luck!!



Having problems with a mom that is in a semi cult like church.?

I think you should talk to your mom. Let her know that you understand she means well but you have your own family and your own beliefs and that she shouldn't go against you in your own home or to your own children.



Having problems with a mom that is in a semi cult like church.?

i have a cousin that was never aloud to play with me when i was younger b/c she was Jehovah and i wasn't. they i think are dumb religions. but as far as your kids go they should always come first in what you believe, do you want them to grow up and believe that stuff. you are the only one to stand up for your kids even if it's to your mom



Having problems with a mom that is in a semi cult like church.?

You did exactly what I'd have done. My niece donated her hair to locks of love when she was about the same age and like your daughter had never had more than a trim. She and all in the family were so proud of her act of kindness. Her little sister's are planning on doing the same thing. It sounds like you are raising your child to be a kind and caring person. Congratulations.



Having problems with a mom that is in a semi cult like church.?

If the church is unhealthy cult like you should keep your daughter away from your mom because it will influence her. And your mom probably have a whole bunch of issues of her own if she would join to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment