Thursday, October 8, 2009

How do i know if i have pcos?

I've researched PCOS after a women told me that excess hair can be a symptom of this disease. I have irregular periods, like it will be really heavy one month, then I don't have it at all the next , but I'm only 15, so it could just be because I'm still going through puberty. Also, I have acne and hair on my back. I don't want to tell my mom I think I have it unless I'm almost completely sure. But, I do want to get treatment if I do so that I don't lose the possibility of having kids in the future. How can I tell?



How do i know if i have pcos?

PCOS tends to run in families, but not necessarily. A vaginal ultrasound at time of ovulation would be one way to find out if you have it, but not necessarily. At 15, it's best to wait a couple of years until your body is more "settled" and then go to a doctor for advice. Many women with PCOS are able to get preg. by taking metformin (also called glucophage) to help regulate insulin levels and subsequently balance their system in order to get pg.

No comments:

Post a Comment