Thursday, October 8, 2009

His daughter doesn't like me!?

I have this friend that I'm dating he's a guy that I've dated in the past when we was teens. Since then I got married and he was in relationships and we lost contact. My husband died and he has 2 kids and now he's single again, so when we ran into each other he asked me out and we have been sort of dating every since. He's very close to his daughter and don't like her to meet different women so he didn't let us meet , but today I was at the hair salon and she was there also. He called me and I asked about her and he told me that she was at the same place that I was, he didn't know that I was there though. I asked him can I speak to her and he said yes, but she may not like that. He told me after I got home and we're on the phone that she didn't like that and I told him that I didn't care and I wasn't going to let that bother me and he said I shouldn't. I don't know what to do now. What do you guys think? I forgot to say that he has already met my kids and they like him!



His daughter doesn't like me!?

If I get your story properly, she is probably angry she met you without him there and I cannot blame her. She may have felt a little ambushed. It takes time with some children, especially as she has a mom that is living. She is close to her Dad and resents maybe somebody else getting attention from him. Maybe her fantasy of her parents getting back together is flying out the window. There are so many things. I would just stay friendly, not take it personally and do things that help build her confidence and her confidence in you. Give her attention and find out what she likes and be interested. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment