Thursday, October 8, 2009

Eczema & psoriasis will it be like this for my baby forever?

my 2 year old has had eczema from head to toe and psoriasis since birth she was born with a full head of hair and at 1 m old her scalp hair %26amp; skin peeled off she has been in the hospital more then 50 times from infections she gets because her skin she is always in pain and itching we just moved to houston and left her beloved derm. Dr. B. Newell behind right now she doesnt have insurance because my job will not cover her so she has to be on medicade her doctor made sure she has enough meds to last before we moved from KC but I hate them the oral itching meds make her a zombie and her skin is just ugly no one like to touch her and u cant catch eczema but other mothers wont let their kids play with her and the people at the day care dont like to pick her up they wear gloves and I have to bring toys from home for her I just want to know if it will always be like this for her because right now she doent realize whats going on but I do and I cry all of the time some one please help me.



Eczema %26amp; psoriasis will it be like this for my baby forever?

As an eczema sufferer, I've done a fair bit of research to understand more about this condition.



I think you have to be careful about what advice you take about helping your baby. While steroids do produce long term effects, there are many natural remedies out there which may or may not be proven. On a normal basis, I would advise refraining from using protopics or elidel due to potential cancer risks.



However, it is best that you get the proper advice from a skin dermatologist that you can trust. You want advice that can help your child not only break away from the itch cycle but one that can put her on solid recovery.



Also, ask your skin dermatologist on advice about supplementation with evening primrose oil (to help internally and to deal with dry skin) and probiotics (to up your child's good bacteria to bad bacteria ratio).



Put her on freshly squeezed juices and not juice that comes out of a packet. Also, if your eczema is caused by food allergy, determine what is the trigger. Common triggers include wheat, milk, processed foods, etc.



You may want to sign up to this free newsletter that has helped me provide all the above information to you..



http://www.eczematreatmentsecrets.com



Eczema %26amp; psoriasis will it be like this for my baby forever?

thank you to the person that put this web site up eczematreatmentsecrets.com



i have eczema too and i just signed up for there newletter.so thank you.i have two creams my doctor gave me but they dont help much and this eczema is driving me nuts.so thank you Report It



Eczema %26amp; psoriasis will it be like this for my baby forever?

Hi LadySoGomo



Start looking for answers outside the medical field.



Here is a herb remedy that will work.



1. Take 1-3 droppersful of Echinacea Plus Tincture (at herbdoc.com or another qualified site) to strengthen the immune system.



2. Rub Garlic oil ALL over the affected area (Garlic will kill anything if you use enough of it)



3. Give 1-3 glasses of Activated Charcoal Slurry per day (to absorb the toxins out of the blood)



4. Mix equal parts of Aloe Vera Gel, Slippery Elm Powder and Activated Charcoal Powder together (absorbs the toxins externally)



5. Apply a thin layer of this mixture over the AFFECTED area(s).



6. Continue this treatment, until the desired Results are achieved.



This is healing at it's highest point.



Cause



Eczema is often called Dermatitis, and may be a symptom of an omega-3 fatty acid deficiency. Eczema can be due to allergies, allergies secondary to digestive disorders such as hydrochloric acid deficiency, rashes secondary to immune diseases, genetic metabolic disorders, and/or nutritional deficiencies, especially of niacin (vitamin B3) and B6, as well as other B vitamins.



To minimize your risk of developing eczema, avoid irritating substances, wear natural nonirritating materials, use soothing ointments, and check to see if dietary, nutritional, and/or and allergy-causing factors need to be considered.



Other ideas that will help:



Juice Therapy: The following juice combinations can help speed healing: black currant and red grapes; carrot, beet, spinach, cucumber, and parsley; and wheat grass juice.



Nutritional Supplementation: Vitamin A and GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), an omega-6 essential fatty acid found in high quantities in evening primrose oil, have both been shown to improve the symptoms of eczema. Vitamin E. Other useful supplements for preventing and reversing eczema include vitamin B complex, vitamin B6, vitamin E, magnesium, and zinc.



Topical Treatment: Apply evening primrose oil directly to cracked and sore areas of the skin. A topical paste made from ginkgo and licorice root extract has also been shown to improve eczema symptoms.



Best of health to you



Eczema %26amp; psoriasis will it be like this for my baby forever?

Bless her heart. But sounds like you are dealing with a lot of dumb azz ppl tho. eczema is not something you "get" from someone. I wish I had a magic answer for you. My sone had it real bad, and it went away by the time he was 4. My little girl has it, I do not think it going away. Keep her out of the sun. drink lots of water. and make sure she takes her meds. they work from the inside out, just like the eczema.



Eczema %26amp; psoriasis will it be like this for my baby forever?

Eczema will always be a problem but it does calm down when you get older, I have outbreaks from time to time my self, but its treatable. One thing i notice is its largely diet based, and a washing thing. As counterproductive as it sounds washing less helps a lot. You don't strip the oils off the skin then. I would talk to an allergist as well as your baby may be having a mild allergic reaction to something that is causing eczema like symptoms. I hope this helps.



Eczema %26amp; psoriasis will it be like this for my baby forever?

Thankfully most children grow out of this, and dont have a problem by school age. does you baby have a severe food allergy ? 2 of my kids had eczema and out grew it, but they start having other allergies in general, i.e. sinus , hayfever, etc. which is much easier to treat, but is your baby super sensitive to irritants around her, my advice do not use any type of soap on her skin, nothing that lathers, 'Cetaphil" works good, and keep her skin hydrated by giving lots of luke warm baths ( with a little baby oil) and let her just soak, and always follow up with lots of Vaseline. and use perfume dye free detergents...Good Luck



Eczema %26amp; psoriasis will it be like this for my baby forever?

Eczema doesn't have a cure but for some people it goes away or at least gets better in the summer (warmer) months than the colder months. I myself suffer from eczema and mine is pretty consistent and doesn't get better or worse.



I use corticosteroids that are pretty cheap but over time they thin the skin. Elidel is a brand medication (no generic) and is pretty expensive but it is not a steroid cream so therefor will not thin the skin. They have websites that you can go to for extreme cases (psoriasis.org i believe is one) and I do know that there is a drug called Enbrel that is used for people with reumatoid arthritis but it also used for people with eczema. This drug is very expensive, usually one box is about 800 dollars or more without insurance.



There are programs out there (talk with the manufacturers of the drugs) to get assistance or get them free. These medications help a great deal and even though I don't have a severe case, they make me look normal for the most part. If the eczema goes away, it will go away on its own and no medicine will make it disappear. I know how frustrating it is, I have had some very bad days myself with it but things could always be worse, they really could. I'm curious as to why your insurance won't cover your daughter but in any event, write them a letter petitioning their decision if they denied coverage. Hope this helps, stay healthy and hope it clears up.



Eczema %26amp; psoriasis will it be like this for my baby forever?

I had it real bad,hands and feet one dermatologist told me it was eczema another said psoriasis no one knows what cause it,they gave me strong steroid ointment %26amp; cream It still itched. after 3 years I quit taking the steroid ointment It did not seem to help,



I found that Eucerin moisturizing Creme relived the itch keeps skin from drying out early morning and before bed.



Eucerin moisturizing Creme.is about $12.00 for 16 oz. at walmart but (- Equate -dry skin creme) compare to Eucerin is less than $4.00 for 16 oz. at wallmart by the make up department,It helped me. keeps skin moist takes away the itch. 16 oz. enough for 1 month



Eczema %26amp; psoriasis will it be like this for my baby forever?

Lady, email me, please: I have some natural Champori cream left, and I will send it to you to try on your baby. It's natural and will do no harm.. It worked very well for me and I hope it will work for your baby.



Best,



Bernadette



(just give me your mailing address)

No comments:

Post a Comment