Saturday, August 1, 2009

Jealous? Family Member?

First of all, I come from a huge family. One of my cousins is about 12 years older than I am and she has four kids... I was always invited to come over and babysit for her, and we did lots of things together with our church.



We were at a ladies party for our church, ladies bake things, we do a bible study with the ladies, and then we give makeovers and do hair/makeup etc.



I look almost exactly like my cousin (facial wise) so much so whenever her second youngest son was in the nursery room and crying for his mom, instead of bringing her in and bothering her (like they had to do so much before, she'd always miss church) they'd bring me in from youth classes and let me hold him for a bit, he'd always stop crying because he either thought I was his mom, or he thought I looked enough like her (familiar face maybe?) he'd quickly stop crying. It worked great because my cousin didn't have to miss much church (she was complaining about this before, and luckily the pastors resolved it) and she seemed very happy.



I was invited over to babysit alot and she kinda "adopted" me and my other cousin as a big-brother-big-sister type program that was going on. We had lots of fun and we involved the kids less and less.



Well, I started being involved in nursery less and less as I grew older and at one of these makeup ladies' parties, I put on some make-up and my cousin started whining that "I looked too much like her and I was prettier than she ever was" etc.. etc.. she nearly started crying.. and she kinda threw a tantrum in front of the whole church. It was really awkward, and after that she stopped calling me, switched churches, and we never saw eachother after that incident.



What went wrong? Did I do anything to upset her? Is this jealousy or does it sound like she had some kind of other issues going on..?



Jealous? Family Member?

She has issues....



She sounds like a 10 year old.



Jealous? Family Member?

Clearly she's nuts. You should start having an affair with her husband. Then he can leave her and take the kids with him. This will make your cousin's mental health all better.



Jealous? Family Member?

"Single White Female" movie comes to my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment